Traveling Alone in Paris
Love and romance are two words commonly associated with Paris. But despite its reputation as one of the most romantic destinations in the world, the City of Light can be an equally magical place for solo travelers. So if you are thinking of traveling alone in Paris, here are some of the best things you can do to explore the city’s many charms.
1. Tick off some of the city’s iconic landmarks and attractions from your must-see list like the Arc de Triomphe, Avenue des Champs-Élysées, Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral, and Sacré-Cœur among others.
2. Explore some of Paris’ most beautiful neighborhoods like the 7th arrondissement, Île de la Cité, the Marais, Montmartre, and Saint-Germain-des-Prés.
3. Try some of the delicious eats you can find in some of the city’s top street food hubs like Marché Saint-Honoré, Marché couvert Saint-Quentin, Rue du Faubourg Saint Denis, and Rue des Rosiers.
4. Take your pick of the city’s unmissable museums to visit that include The Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, Centre Georges Pompidou, Musée Rodin, the Grand Palais, and Petit Palais.
5. See more of the city by taking the hop-on-hop-off bus tour.
6. Get around the city on foot or on two wheels. Go on a self-guided walking tour or join the free walking or cycling tours some locals offer.
7. Sit in a café and enjoy people watching while savoring a delicious meal or snack.
8. Visit some of the most gorgeous parks and gardens like Jardin des Tuileries, Jardin du Luxembourg, Jardin des Plantes, Parc des Buttes-Chaumont, and Parc Monceau to name a few.
9. Check out the city’s best literary spots like the bouquinistes along the banks of the Seine, Maison de Balzac, and Shakespeare and Company.
10. See the tombs of some of the famous people buried in the city’s most beautiful cemeteries like Cimetière du Père Lachaise (Oscar Wilde, Frédéric Chopin, Jim Morrison, Molière, Balzac), Cimetière de Montmartre (Alexandre Dumas), and. Cimetière du Montparnasse (Charles Baudelaire, Simone de Beauvoir, Susan Sontag)